Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Conversation II

Situation- Me working at Starbucks at the register. Customers have an opportunity to use what is called a gold card where they receive discounts on products but can also use them to pay for their stuff, if they have loaded money onto it.

Lady- I'd like two grande lattes, oh yeah and this sandwich.
Me- Okay two grande lattes and a sandwich.
Lady- I'll pay for the sandwich separately. (she then hands me her gold card as well as throw, yes throw some wadded up cash at me)
Me- So will you be paying with the card?
lady- huh?
Me- is there money on the card?
Lady- I don't know, it's not mine.
Me- okay, so then you'll be paying with cash.
lady- checked out of reality, says nothing.
Me- ring her up for the lattes, then proceed to ring the sandwich separately as she's asked. "Okay, you owe $5.13 for the sandwich"
Lady- I already paid for the sandwich.
Me- no you didn't.
Lady- yes I did, I just paid for it.
Me- you said you wanted to ring it separately, so I rang it separately. I didn't even scan it before.
Lady- I gave you the cash for the sandwich not the lattes.
Me- Oh, I thought you said you didn't know if there was money on the card.
Lady- no, I needed to pay for the lattes with the card.
Me- blatantly lying I say "Oh, I'm sorry I was confused."

Wish I could've said"
"oh I'm sorry, you must be confused AND CRAZY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment